Thursday, May 21, 2009

This week on TV... (AI Spoilers!)

How awesome was the American Idol finale? It seems like people have been quite divided this year when it comes to their favorites, but I honestly would have been happy with either guy winning. And it was fun to see the "upset" - Kris was so shocked! I have to admit I teared up a little when he gave his wife a huge hug after his victory song.

I've become a loyal fan of Michael Slezak's Idol recaps and videos on EW.com. (You know, because watching the actual show for two hours isn't enough.) I enjoy pretty much all aspects of his analysis, but this is the non-Idol-related point I appreciated most from his live blog: "...ALSO WHY ARE THE COMMERCIALS 4X LOUDER THAN THE SHOW?" I'm glad it's not just my imagination...it's so incredibly annoying! Sorry for the random rant. Anyway, if you still haven't had enough Idol, Slezak will be posting interviews with the top 3 next week. The previous interviews are fun too - especially Anoop's and Matt's.

In other TV news, Chuck has officially been renewed! It's going to be a long 10 months or so waiting for it to air after the Olympics, but I'm so glad we at least get to see it again. I hope the attention the fan campaign attracted will get even more people interested in the show so it can survive past the 13 episodes that have been ordered at this point. Hey, I actually hand wrote letters to two NBC head honchos in my efforts to help save the show - I'd never even considered doing anything like that before. Cheesy, but it's nice to know that it may have made a difference.

And, as predicted, one last SNL video before the summer break. Celebrity Jeopardy has become a classic, and the most recent edition does not disappoint. (link is here if the video doesn't load)



My favorite throwback moments: the reference to Tom Hanks' "sibilance" mic check from his appearance as an Aerosmith roadie on a Wayne's World sketch many years ago...and the appearance of the fourth contestant.

With that, the TV season closes, so I guess I'd better find something else to do with my time, and something else to blog about. Fortunately, the weather finally seems to be turning consistently warm, so we plan to kick off the summer with plenty of grilling and time outside. Lots of summer birthdays in our families too, so I'm sure I'll be blogging some of the celebration treats! For now, enjoy the Memorial Day weekend!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I enjoy pretty much all aspects of his analysis, but this is the non-Idol-related point I appreciated most from his live blog: "...ALSO WHY ARE THE COMMERCIALS 4X LOUDER THAN THE SHOW?"Oh my gosh. We talk about this every week at my house.

Michelle MGD said...

I love Idolatry too! I will miss it almost as much as the show.

Unknown said...

I'm very glad that Chuck has been renewed! I've also been watching Southland now, dang NBC shows! Last night's show was intense.

I didn't really keep up with Kings, but it appears it is being cancelled anyway.

I don't really watch idol that much, but I'm glad that "guyliner" didn't win :).

-Rusty